Pagina's

woensdag 12 oktober 2011

More pages...

At the dutch forum for art journaling is this month challenge: Halloween.
I don't have much with Halloween but I remembered having a digital scrapkit in a Halloween theme, called Welcome to my Nightmare, so I decided to give this challenge a try.
My Spiderwick journal seemed to be the perfect background for a Halloween page.
It is a big size journal, 12x12 inch and I even decided to do a spread..so my page was 24x12 inch (60x30cm).
This is what my pages looked like, before I started with the gesso and paint:

Some details:

(sorry for the reflection of the flashlight...)

And this is what my pages looked like after painting and collaging:

Some details: 


I tried to use the pictures that were already on the pages and added some more printed pictures from my digital scrapkit.
The spider in the little brown envelope was already there. I added the bats, looking if they came out of the envelop.
For the journaling I downloaded a free font, printed the letters and cut them out.
I painted the blooddrips and drew a spiderweb with my markers.

And do you remember this:
The cover of my Inspired by Teesha journal.
I kept looking at it after I finished it but I couldn't find what was missing. When I published it on the forum for dutch art journalers I heard it was 'something with the eye'. So I grabbed my markers and even collaged a bit more and now it looks like this:

I feel more satisfied about it now. What do you think?

TFL!
Sandra

2 opmerkingen:

Ilse hobbelen zei

ja die van spiderwick is gaaf geworden, die pagina's zijn op zichzelf al gaaf, dus lijkt met extra moeilijk om daar wat mee te doen, maar die van jou is super geworden!
Ja het vissenoog is al een heel stuk beter zo!! als ik nog een suggestie mag doen? ik zou in de witte buitenste rand van de blauwe kop, wat rode puntjes of streepjes zetten, zodat het oog verenigd word met de kop, geen idee of je weet waar ik het over heb haha of oranje ofzo...

Anoniem zei

Ik heb ook niks met Halloween... Hou ook absoluut niet van de kleurencombinatie paars/oranje!! De "bloederige" rand op je layout vind ik weer wel heel leuk!!
De cover van je journal vond ik al helemaal te gek maar nu issie idd nóg beter!! Ik zou er verder niks meer aan doen hoor!!